Panel "New rules of the game from Brussels for data, artificial intelligence and platforms"
A panel on European digital legislation will be held at "Hochschule der Medien" on November 30, 2022. One of the topics will be the Digital Services Act (DSA), which SNV project director Julian Jaursch will discuss as a panel participant.
In part, the invitation reads:
"The Digital Services Act, sometimes hailed in the public debate as a "platform constitution", addresses online marketplaces such as Amazon as well as social networks, search engines and video-sharing services. With a tiered approach, companies are given far more obligations than was previously the case. If the companies do not comply with the obligations, they may be subject to fines that can go beyond the scope already known from the GDPR. It is unclear whether the new regulatory framework is actually suitable for counteracting undesirable developments in the digital space, such as the spread of fake news. How will these new rules affect our everyday lives?
This question will be discussed by
- Prof. Dr. Rolf Schwartmann, Technische Hochschule Köln; Chairman of the Board of the Gesellschaft für Datenschutz und Datensicherheit e.V. (Society for Data Protection and Data Security)
- Maria Christina Rost, press officer at the Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Gostomzyk, Professor of Media Law, Technische Universität Dortmund (online)
- Teresa Widlok, Deputy Chairwoman, LOAD e.V., Berlin
- Dr. Julian Jaursch, Project Director "Policy | Platform Regulation," Stiftung Neue Verantwortung, Berlin (online)
The panel discussion will be moderated by Dr. Tobias Keber, Professor of Media Law and Media Policy at HdM Stuttgart and Director of the "Institut für Digitale Ethik" (Institute for Digital Ethics).
The event will be held in German and can be followed both on site in Stuttgart and online.